Thursday, December 6, 2007

…faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. (Ro 10:17, NIV)

I have issued an invitation to Liu Po(ur) and her friends to my place to watch an evangelistic program. They can only come if their employer gives the nod of approval. They begin work at eleven in the morning and I promised to take them to and fro from my place so that they would not be late for work. I’m yet to receive any confirmation.

Meanwhile, I’ve worked out my menu. I was weighing between a local breakfast and a Shenyang breakfast. A local breakfast might not go down well with their taste. A Shenyang breakfast, on the other hand, would arouse nostalgic feeling of home but my Shenyang pancake might not be to their standard. The Shenyang bing is a kind of savory pancake much like roti chanai. I decided the latter was too much of a hassle.

Soya bean curd would be closer to home. In mainland China, it is not eaten sweet but savory. This combined with our local yong tou fu would be acceptable to their appetites, I hope.

We will finish off with fruits and Chinese tea. I’ve got high grade Chinese tea and my Chinese students who come here to study always complain that fruits here are expensive. I can’t argue with them on that point. I’ll have papaya, banana and pineapple.

I came up with a hitch because my VCD player could not play the DVD record. I sent it to the photo studio shop to make a copy but they couldn’t convert the DVD to a CD. Finally, I was forced to open up the box which contains my Philips DVD player from China. I tried connecting the cords but in the first few attempts, I only managed to get the audio going. After much fiddling, I actually succeeded in connecting it. Considering, I’m such a dunce with machines, it has to be the help of the Holy Spirit.

The next step is to translate my testimony into Chinese and to start rehearsing. It’s a big step since I’m out of touch with Mandarin but I’m hopeful. Thanks, LORD for this opportunity. Pray you open the way for them to come.

No comments: