Wednesday, December 5, 2007

...for I am the LORD who healeth you. (Ex:15:26)

Throughout my spiritual journey, the LORD has been good and faithful. When I was in my mid thirties, I began to suffer a dull, sour ache around my neck region. It was so bad that my head was always bowing down. I thought I would never see the end of the year.

I saw several general practitioners who prescribed nothing more than painkillers. Finally, by the grace of God somebody suggested that I visit the orthopaedic surgeon which I did. He took an X-ray of my neck region with me carrying two heavy pails. The X-ray showed dark regions around my neck region. The dark regions was the outcome of an old injury. I was involved in an accident when the bus I was on collided with a timber lorry. The impact was so powerful, my upper body lurched forward. This took place in my early twenties. And throughout those years, I often suffered from a dull ache which was tolerable until this outburst. The doctor explained that the old injury had compounded making my neck muscles unable to support my skull.

I was put on a three days per week treatment of traction and physiotherapy for several weeks. The relief, however, was momentary. The moment the treatment ended, the miserable pain returned.

Finally, someone took me to a healing service. When I was prayed over, I felt a warm rushing sensation over the afflicted area. It was like the sensation of rushing water massaging my neck. I remember closing my eyes to take in the sensation. Although there was no change in my situation, I knew that the LORD had touched me. Several days later, during my Bible reading, I saw a passage in the Old Testament about rushing water. It immediately confirmed what my spirit already knew- that the LORD had healed me. Blessed be His holy Name!

No comments: